Tuesday, April 20, 2010

One of my Favorite Foods in the World


Really.  I love this recipe.  We call it Strawberry Pretzel Salad, but it can be a dessert, too.  There is something about the salty mixed with the sweet that just does something for me.  I love it.

Apparently, I'm not the only one.  The other day I bought some strawberries at the grocery store.  Not sure what I was going to use them for, but they looked good, so I bought some.  As soon as I got home the kids started saying that Grandmommy (who is visiting) was going to make Strawberry Pretzel "stuff" with the strawberries.  She is the one who got us started on this yumminess.

So, yesterday, she made it for lunch.

And here is the plate this morning.

Less than 24 hours and it is almost gone.  They ate it a lunchtime, snack time, dinnertime, and breakfast - with a little fighting going on about who had eaten the most.  It's that good.

Here is the recipe.

And....if you live in Brazil here is how you make the adaptations:
Pretzels - Stiksy in the chip department.
Whipped topping - two packages of Chantilly (the powdered kind) works out right for this recipe.  Make according to package directions.
Cream cheese - use one and one half packages of cream cheese.
Jello topping with strawberries - use two boxes or envelopes of strawberry gelatina.  Add the hot water like the directions indicate, but don't add the cold water.  Instead, add 2-3 trays of strawberries (washed, cut up, and mashed a little).  You don't need to add sugar.
For the rest, just follow the directions on the recipe.

So, even though it is a little more work to make this recipe in Brazil, it is worth it.

Now, I'm going to go eat a piece before they get home from school!

No comments:

Post a Comment