Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Little Honesty


Well, I've been a little busy.

It seems I've been doing so many blog-worthy things that I haven't had time to blog about them.  But I still want to.  So many good things have been going on and I want to write about them - so I can remember and so that you can be in on my life a little too.

For example:  Kid's day (it's a holiday in Brazil), What our house church did for Kids' Day, What our family did,  cow parade in Porto Alegre,  cute robots that my friends and I made, my awesome son, Garrett, whose 14th birthday was Monday, selling cookies at a craft fair, and Giovanni's ever-growing precious vocabulary.  Not to mention tomorrow when Anderson will be in a school play of Noah's Ark.  He is Noah.

Lots of things.

I'm also kind of frustrated.  Frustrated because my son and I forgot that yesterday was his special remedial math class - which he needs desperately.  Frustrated because Anderson was awake crying during the night saying that his ear hurt.  (No fever or other symptoms.  I gave him medicine and let him sleep propped up on me.  We will take him to the doctor today. )  Frustrated because this morning there has been a broken glass incident and a pouring out  milk all over the table incident.  Frustrated with myself because I want to be a super-organized, efficient mom who can do it all.  And we all know that's impossible.

But today, instead of making interesting picture-filled blog posts about these things, or working on fixing all of my frustrations,  I am baby-sitting for a teen mom of 2 in our church family.  Her family is moving to a new house today and so Giovanni and I will be having some fun with two sweet little girls, Emily and Nicole.  I'll try to take some pictures of that.  It should be fun.

I decided to write this post today to try to gain a little perspective.  And I have.  I realize that I like having a blog, but there are so many things in my life that take priority over blog posting.  I also realize that I want to be super-mom, too, but there are lots of things that take priority over that, too.  Like being a real mom - and a real friend.

Got my perspective.  Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Does this mean Miguelina's family is FINALLY getting a new house?! I'm pretty sure that "Super Mom" is a mythical character. We all want to be her, but she just doesn't exist in real life. You're a great real mom and an encourager to me and many others. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete