Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Coming out of a blog fog....with Doughnuts!

Writing on this blog is weird for me.  Sometimes I can think of a million things to write about and sometimes, especially after a long period of not writing, I can't think of anything.  Today is one of those days.  I know I haven't posted on here in a while (except for Bronwyn's birthday) and I don't want to quit, but I haven't got my inspirational juices flowing in the blog-writing department yet.

So.... let's get started with some doughnuts.  Sweets are always inspirational to me!

 I made these doughnuts for Carys's birthday. I should say WE made them because it required Kevin and Ansley's help also.  But they were SO GOOD.
(I know Ansley appreciates me putting this picture on here.  You're welcome, Ansley.)

Here in Brazil, or at least in our city, we don't have doughnuts.  Sometimes a bakery will make a doughnut shaped pastry, but it is pretty chewy and bready and not like a yummy doughnut should be.  But these, were so light and not chewy at all.  So good.

I made this chocolate glaze to go on top.

So if you live in a doughnut deprived zone, I would recommend these.

OR if you just want to spend a few hours making doughnuts instead of going out to the local doughnut shop, you can try them, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment