Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ansley!

In honor of my daughter, Ansley's, 18th birthday, I am posting......

10 Special Things About Ansley

1.  Ansley is really funny.  She makes me laugh a lot.  I don't encourage her to grow up and become a comedian, but I will miss the silliness when she doesn't live in my house anymore.  Boo hoo.

2.  Ansley can sing really well.  And play the guitar.  And her mom is always telling her that she must share these talents with others and not keep them to herself.  So if you are around Ansley, bug her about that.

3.  Ansley got her athletic ability from me.  Which is bad news for Ansley.  Sorry, Ansley.  But you are good at running.

4.  Ansley loves ice cream.  In fact at this very moment Ansley is about to dig into an ice-cream buffet - what she chose instead of a birthday cake.  So if you want to make Ansley's day, get her some ice cream.

5.  Ansley has some strange body quirks.  Her whole life she has entertained us with her vibrating eyeballs, and other oddities that I won't go into on this blog or you might think we are all weird.

6.  Ansley couldn't say her "r" sound until she was about 7 years old.  So it was "wooster" instead of rooster, etc.  It was so cute and I was sad when she figured out how to say her "r's ".

7.  Ansley doesn't know what she is going to major in at college.  She is so smart and talented that she could do anything she wants to do.  But, I will continue to remind her of the choices that she made when she was about 5 or 6 years old - "either I want to be a teacher or work at Walmart - which one do you think I should choose?" (said with no r sound....)

8.  Ansley can clean better than me.  Her room is always neat.  Mine, too.   OK that is a lie - mine is never neat.

9.  Ansley Maye Blume is named after both of her great-grandmothers.  Berchia Mae and Fannie Maye.  I don't know why we decided to use the Maye part instead of the Berchia or Fannie part.  Anyway, there aren't two finer ladies to be named after in this world.

10.  Ansley is a special, unique, and awesome girl.  I wouldn't change one thing about her and I couldn't love her more.  Ansley, don't let anything hold you back from being all that you can be.

I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she's 18. Happy birthday!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks just like you. What a lovely family you have. I love following your blog. Happy birthday Ansley. I'm sure you don't remember me. What a beautiful young lady you are.

    ReplyDelete