Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm Still Here

I'm back...

I feel like I've needed to start about 100 blog posts with those words this year.  I just can't seem to get in the blogging groove and stay in it.  Lately I just haven't felt inspired to write anything anyone else might want to read.  However,  I started this blog so that our families and close friends could keep in touch with what we are doing.  So,  since I'm not writing for a huge public audience (yet..) I'll just carry on and write like I'm catching up with my family.

So here goes...

I would love to show you pictures of my newly decorated apartment.  But, these pictures exist only in my mind, so that will have to wait.  The reality is that we have had lots of houseguests and still have some boxes that need to be unpacked.  In the next day or two, we will play musical beds and put everything where it is permanently supposed to be.  Then I can hopefully start making this place look a little more like home.

Sunday is Father's Day here in Brazil.  And do you know what my husband wants for Father's Day?  He wants a clean house, unpacked boxes and stuff hung on the walls.  Hey, me too!  So that's what we'll be doing for sure.  Saturday, Kevin and Anderson had a Father's Day activity at Anderson's school.  I'll tell more about that later on.

Well, as I am typing I am thinking of several different things I can write about this week.  So, all is not lost for this little blog!

Tonight is a rainy, winter night.  I know that must seem weird for those of you burning up in your summer heat.  We are staying inside, renting a movie and eating two of our favorite snacks:  Cowboy Calzones and Fruit Pizza.

The Cowboy Calzones are from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook, but if you don't have her cookbook, here is the recipe.

And the fruit pizza is just a sugar cookie crust (using this no-fail recipe), cream cheese and coolwhip spread on top and then fruit.  Our family loves this.

More tomorrow.....


No comments:

Post a Comment