Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspiration

Have you read this?


If you haven't, you should.  It is written by Mary Beth Chapman, Stephen Curtis Chapman's wife.  It tells the story of their family and how they found hope after their little adopted daughter, Maria, was tragically killed.  It is such a moving story and our whole family has read the book.

Stephen Curtis Chapman just released a new CD called Re-Creation.  He has some new songs on it, but also a lot of his old songs that he remade.  He talks about how when he wrote a lot of these songs, he didn't even realize the full meaning of the words he wrote.  Now, on the other side of such pain and sadness, he understands more and these words he wrote long ago have a new and deeper meaning.  In this video, he talks about the new CD and what it has meant to his family.
We bought this CD on iTunes and I just love it.  Stephen Curtis Chapman has such a God-given gift for writing music.  It's like I say with Max Lucado and writing - it just comes out of him naturally and easily.  I can't choose just one of the songs on the CD to be my favorite because they are all so good.  But Ansley and I especially love this one - Morning Has Broken - because Caleb Chapman, Stephen's son, sings with him.  Hope you enjoy it.
And go get this CD and the book!

3 comments:

  1. I've listened to this cd almost every day since I've been here. It's so good! Loge you mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd heard one song from this CD, but I really loved Morning Has Broken. Thanks for the review - I know what my next itunes purchase is going to be!

    ReplyDelete