Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Recipes

Do get tired of cooking the same old thing?  I do.  I love to try new recipes - especially ones that are super easy and come recommended by someone who has already tried it.

So here are two for you today.  We ate both of these for lunch yesterday.  I was going to take pictures, but I forgot and there was nothing left!  My family loved both of these.

The first one is this one:  Incredible Chicken.  My sister gave me this recipe (thanks, Cheryl!).  We all love this.  Ansley said yesterday that after lunch all she could think about for the rest of the day was how good this chicken was.  I do it a little different from the recipe, though.  I use skinless chicken thighs and legs.  ( I would just use the thighs only, but my kids love chicken legs.)  I sprinkle each piece with meat tenderizer (amaciante, if you are in Brazil), then put it in the pan.  Then I sprinkle one side with garlic salt and brown sugar.  After about 20 minutes of cooking, I turn each piece over and sprinkle the other side the same way. Super easy and so good.

The second one, I got from a blog, via Pinterest.  Roasted Potatoes.  Basically, you cook some potatoes in the microwave and cut them in half.  The cut the halves into cubes, but leaving the skin intact.  Then top with butter, parmesan cheese and season salt, then broil.  Also really good and easy.

So, there you go.  Now you don't have to think of what to cook for dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for new recipes! I was actually thinking the other day that I needed to ask you if you had any to pass along. :)

    ReplyDelete