Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Two are Better than One

9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 11 Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone? 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12


I love this scripture.


I have always loved it when thinking of marriage and the way that married couples should help and support each other.


In the last two days this scripture has become even more meaningful to me.


I got sick during the night on Saturday night.  I was so sick to my stomach that I ended up fainting and crashing on the floor.  As I came to, I crawled over to the door and said, "Kevin!".  He could tell by the sound of my voice that something was wrong and came to help.  It was an ugly scene with a bloody nose, plus throwing up, but he helped me get cleaned up, got ice for my nose and got the kids (who were sleeping on a pallet in our room) out of my way.  Then he slept on the floor while I moaned and groaned and tried to sleep the rest of the night.  


For the past two days I've just lain in the bed feeling crummy getting over a stomach virus with probably a broken nose.  It is lovely.  So my sweet hubby has had to take care of everything else.  It's amazing how God gives us the strength to do what we need to do.  I realize that so many people aren't blessed to have a husband or wife who can take over when sickness comes.  It truly is a blessing.  I am thankful.


I would close with a picture, but I'm too vain.  Just imagine me with a swollen, slightly cut up nose and two big black eyes and you'll get the picture.....

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this. We are blessed to have our husbands. I'm dealing with my mom's situation right now that reminds me of that. Her boyfriend of 22 years is ready to let her go because she has Alzheimer's and he can't take care of her any more. I have to go get her very soon. I hope you heal up real pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You called dad "hubby"!!! Omg! Love youuuu

    ReplyDelete