Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 bags in 40 days (aka...teaching an old dog new tricks)

Today I am starting this little project:  40 bags in 40 days

I made my list of 40 areas to clean out, declutter, straighten up, whatever.

I have had good intentions of doing something like this before, but never followed through.  My hope is that since I am actually BLOGGING about it, then I will actually DO it.   I am good at some things, but keeping things neat is not one of them.  I could list excuses (too many kids, too busy, too HOT, too COLD), but they would be just that:  excuses.  The bottom line is that there are things more important to me than my house being neat.  However - I do feel so much better when it is neat!  It seems like my brain can think better when there is neatness and order around me.

Last year we moved into an apartment.  It is big for an apartment, but not as big as a house.  And there is no outside area or storage at all.  That means we had to get rid of a bunch of stuff (junk).  That felt so good!  I love that I can divide my apartment into 40 little sections that I can actually consider doing in 40 days.  I love that our family can straighten up the house in much less time - which gives me more time for doing fun things that I want to do.

So, I'm all ready to start cleaning out!  Here goes to teaching an old dog new tricks.   I will try to update you on how it is going.  (You know you want to see inside my kitchen cabinets!)

PS.  Sorry about the lack of blogging lately.  Today was our kids' first day of school, so maybe I'll do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment