Sunday, August 19, 2012

To my guys (days 10 & 11)

Dear Kevin, Garrett, Anderson and Giovanni,

First of all, let me get this out of my system:

I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!

Well, sorry about not blogging yesterday.  I don't have a computer with me so I've been using Bronwyn or Ansley's computer.  Last night they both slept in their college rooms, so I was stuck with no computer after our busy day.  Sorry!

And.... this post isn't going to have any pictures because Bronwyn's computer doesn't have a camera card reader and so I can't upload my pictures.  Sorry again!!

Yesterday we drove from Dallas to Abilene.  We ate a Chick Fil A for lunch and I got a book for Anderson and Giovanni to share. You will like it.  We got to Abilene a little after lunch time and started moving Ansley in her room.

We met Ansley's roommate, Erika, and her family.  They are really nice.  We helped Ansley arrange the furniture in her room, put up all her clothes, and start decorating.  Her room is going to look really nice.  We saw Stephen, Jennifer, Asia and Tyler.

One time, we momentarily lost Ansley's room key.  I was worried that I had thrown it away because I had been picking up little pieces of trash and tags from things that Ansley had bought and throwing them away.  The key was in a little yellow envelope and I was worried that I had accidentally picked it up and thrown it away.  The trash bag had already been taken down to the dumpster.

Guess what I did?  I went to the dumpster, climbed up the side of it and had to step in it to get the trash bag out to see if the key was in there.  It wasn't.  Then, about 5 minutes later they found it on Erika's desk in their room.

With her iPhone, Bronwyn took a picture of me climbing in the dumpster, which I'm sure gave a chuckle to many onlooking parents and students:
(Grandmommy tried to take a picture of me with her iPhone, too, but she ended up taking a movie instead.  Surprised??  If I can figure out how to put it on here, I will.)
Grandmommy took Bronwyn to her room to unpack her stuff from the car, then we went to eat a hamburger and went on a big shopping trip to Dollar General.  After that we were all so tired.  So we dropped the girls off at their rooms and went to the Zellers' house to sleep.

Today we had church at Highland Church.  It was really nice.  There were tons of people there.  After church we had lunch at the Zellers' house and met a lot of really nice people.   Then we took Ansley to get her ID card made for college and went to Walmart to get paint for Bronwyn's room.  Her room is white with black trim and it really needs painting.  Grandmommy, Bronwyn and Stephen are working on it right now.

Ansley got a message from a new friend asking her to eat in the Bean, so she couldn't wait to get out of Walmart and get to meet her friend.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't need me anymore except to maybe hang a few pictures on her wall tomorrow.

Tomorrow starting at lunch time Ansley and I have meetings all afternoon, and then Tuesday morning. Then Ansley starts her Welcome Week activities and we will just be helping Bronwyn.

Well, I have pictures of all this stuff.  I'll show you those tomorrow.

I love you all!!!
Mom

PS.  Oh yeah, Anderson and Giovanni, I LOVE the dress up outfits as workers.  You both are so handsome!!!

1 comment:

  1. You climing up the dumpster dint' only give a giggle to the students of ACU, but to me and the boys to! Love you and miss you, Anderson.

    ReplyDelete